Remodeling your home is a big decision. You want to be sure the remodeling company you hire is a reputable business, capable of delivering on your project to your satisfaction and with the utmost professionalism.
But how can you tell if the remodeling company you are considering entrusting with your project is structured to seamlessly deliver on your expectations? The vetting process can be daunting and confusing.
NARI has developed the Accredited Remodeling Company program to help you easily identify remodeling companies who have met THE industry standard for remodeling business management and operations.
FOREMOST INDUSTRY STANDARD
NARI’s Accredited Remodeling Company (ARC) program is founded on the first and only industry-based management standard outlining the primary characteristics of a successful, quality, customer-focused remodeling organization.
DEVELOPED BY INDUSTRY LEADERS
NARI Accreditation was developed by industry leaders and experienced remodeling business owners with a proven record of managing successful remodeling companies.
UNIVERSALLY ACCEPTED MANAGEMENT PRINCIPLES
NARI Accreditation is based on universally accepted management principles. It focuses on management, operations, performance systems and processes typical of successful remodeling organizations.
Selecting a remodeling contractor is a challenging and confusing process.
Choosing a NARI Accredited Remodeling Company:
- Takes the guesswork out of selecting a qualified, customer-focused remodeling contractor
- Gives you peace of mind that your remodeling contractor complies with the highest industry standards
- Assures your remodeling contractor has been vetted by an independent, third-party professional assessor.
- Ensures your contractor has the proper management framework to handle even your most complex projects and complete them to your satisfaction
To find local NARI Accredited Remodeling Companies use the search feature at the bottom of this page.
The accredited companies near your home will appear at the top of the search results and will be easily identifiable by the NARI Accredited Remodeling Company logo next to their company name.
Remember, if a remodeling company is claiming to be accredited but you cannot find it by using this search feature, please call or e-mail NARI and we will verify whether the company is accredited.
You can reach us at 847-298-9200 or at email@example.com
. We are always happy to help!
NARI Accreditation is not an easy process and only those companies who are well-structured and willing to put in the work can achieve this great honor.
A remodeling company seeking accreditation must do the following:
- First it will perform an internal assessment to determine whether it currently complies with the Accreditation Standard and which areas of the business will need to be brought into compliance.
- Bringing the company into compliance with the Accreditation Standard can take several months and sometimes more than a year.
- Once the company is in full compliance with the Accreditation Standard, it must submit its policies, procedures, and supporting documentation for review by an independent, third-party professional assessor.
- The Assessor then makes a final decision for or against accrediting the company based on proof of compliance with the Accreditation Standard as submitted by the applicant company.
To be eligible to apply for NARI Accreditation, the remodeling company must:
- Have been continuous in operation as a remodeling business for a minimum of five years OR a minimum of three years, if company management has at least five years of remodeling experience (verified by management resume review).
- Have at least one professional on staff who holds a top-tier industry certification, such as NARI’s Certified Remodeler (CR) or Certified Kitchen and Bath Remodeler (CKBR).
We encourage you to review the NARI Accredited Remodeling Company Standard so you can see just what you're getting with an Accredited Remodeling Company.