NARI’s mission is to advance and promote the remodeling industry’s professionalism, product and vital public purpose. When you hire a NARI member company, rest assured that your remodeler will adhere to these core values and the code of ethics.
Selecting a remodeling contractor can be a challenge. NARI members adhere to core values and the Code of Ethics, which serves as a key differentiator between NARI member companies and non-members.
The National Association of the Remodeling Industry is committed to being:
Professional: Ethical and honest; committed to high standards
Open: Diverse and respectful; inclusive of many views and dedicated to free expression
Progressive: Informed and knowledgeable; resourceful and flexible
Member Focused: Focused on the importance of success, return on investment and profit lives
NARI's Code of Ethics:
Each member of the National Association of the Remodeling Industry pledges to observe high standards of honesty, integrity and responsibility in the conduct of business by:
- Promoting only those products and services which are functionally and economically sound, and which are consistent with objective standards of health and safety;
- Making all advertising and sales promotion factually accurate, avoiding those practices which tend to mislead or deceive the customer;
- Writing all contracts and warranties such that they comply with federal, state and local laws;
- Promptly acknowledging and taking appropriate action on all customer complaints;
- Refraining from any act intended to restrain trade or suppress competition;
- Obtaining and retaining insurance as required by federal, state and local authorities;
- Obtaining and retaining licensing and/or registration as required by federal, state and local authorities;
- Taking appropriate action to preserve the health and safety of employees, trade contractors, and clients and the public.